Monday, January 26, 2009

And the quilting is done!

It's been a while since I posted, I know. I got kind of burned out for a little bit on the auction project. I have quilted all the buildings I intend to quilt. I was originally going to do them all, but a couple of things happened. One is that I burned out. The other is that I realized that I forgot I was intending to do some hand embroidery on some of the buildings. So, the buildings without quilting will get hand embroidery. Voila! Burnout solved.

A few days ago I met with a teacher from the shop who taught a beading on fabric class I took several months ago. Needless to say, her brain is quite picked over. She gave me some great ideas. I have also gotten all the beading done in the water portion of the quilt. That's this photo. I had to adjust the colors because my little camera didn't know what to do with all that black, but you get the idea. The yarn isn't quite so primary-looking in real life. The beads are kind of black yet also iridescent in many colors. It's really a good effect in real life.

I probably won't post again for a few days because I have a funeral in Michigan to attend. While the funeral will be sad, this will be Molly's first real experience (as a non-infant) in snow, so we'll probably have a good time overall. Plus I get to see my sisters! I hope to get a lot of beading done while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment