The auction quilt is really coming along. I'm using a technique in the book Dream Landscapes by Rose Hughes. I had to change a couple things because of the size and layout of my quilt, but overall, it's her technique. I got the whole city pieced yesterday and today. I've also found that 505 Spray and Fix is my new best friend! I was worried about some of the seams because you have to trim so close to the thread (thanks for the scissors, Michele). So, I didn't want to have to use safety pins because I thought that doing the pinning might pull some of the seams. 505 has worked wonderfully, and I've had to do a lot of maneuvering of the quilt top because of the corners, and it's been holding together just fine
I have most of the couching done. It's been harder than I thought. I am using a fairly thick yarn and bought myself a braiding foot (which is essentially a couching foot). These things have helped, but I still veer off the seam line sometimes. So, I have been couching a second yarn alongside my missteps. Strangely enough, couching a second yarn is easier than the first, even though you have to go right next to the original yarn. Anyway, I have eight buildings left, plus the horizon line left to couch. Then on to quilting (that will be a relief) and then embellishing.
Here is a closeup of the couching. You can see that the bottom building hasn't been done yet. Please ignore the copious amounts of lint. I think it's from the 505 spray on the batting. Regardless, I'll be using one or more lint rollers on this one before it's displayed!