Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beaded fringe!

My blue beading is done, at least on the building I was working on most recently. I will most likely put the same blue beads somewhere else, too, for unity's sake. I like the way this one came out, and I'm gaining confidence. Sometimes when I start something new, I'm so worried about how the whole thing will come out that I don't want to do anything. But once I jump in, I start getting more creative and take more chances. So whatever building I bead last will probably be pretty wild in comparison to these first few.


I have also played with some beaded fringe. I think it looks really nice and adds some texture. This is all the beading I'm going to do on this building. The quilting isn't anything to write home about, but it has some interesting color that only happens in a couple of the buildings. This, of course, is a sideways view. The beading does succumb to gravity in real life.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I love the fringe. did you do all that beading? or was it a row of fringe you sewed on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I did the beading. You'd be able to tell if you saw it in person because they're not quite evenly spaced. :-) It's pretty quick, actually. The beads are the new ones at the shop (except the long ones at the bottom -- I had those in my stash).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my little space and welcome!

    I've just been browsing through some of your posts. WOW! Gorgeous, intricate work. I love the beading you're doing. Your quilting is like nothing I've seen before in where I go, where I have been. Fantastic. I'm so grateful for the creatives who share and from whom I am learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! The beading looks amazing Cheryl. I love the fringe. I really like the green beads though (in an earlier post)! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete