Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And she's down!

I haven't posted in a while because I hurt my back really badly over the weekend. A few years ago I ended up with a bulge in one of my lumbar vertebrae (don't ask how; you really don't want to know). It manifested itself as a very bad case of sciatica. I was in physical therapy for over three months for it. Anyway, my husband and I started doing this exercise program and I noticed just the slightest little twinge down my left leg. Just a reminder, really, of things past. Then we drove to Michigan and back for a funeral and slept on a really horrible mattress. That made it worse, but still bearable. Then I was working for a long time beading the auction quilt on Saturday. I was sitting on the floor leaning against the sofa with my legs more or less straight out in front of me. I woke up Sunday morning in agony. It hurt so much and I could not find a way to be without pain. I took some way expired drugs but it barely helped. So I called my doctor and she told me to go the ER. So now I'm on pain meds, steroids, and muscle relaxers. I had to cancel a class Sunday and wasn't able to go to work yesterday or today. Tomorrow is my beginner class and I am determined to go to that since I already had to move one of the classes for these students because of the above mentioned funeral.

Anyway, I've gotten more beading done on the auction quilt (at least up until Sunday) but I don't have photos at the moment. So I thought I'd post a bunch of photos of previous projects.

First is a huge baby quilt I made for my friend Sandy's baby.



This is Molly's quilt. I actually made it before she was born, but she sleeps with it every night.



This is a quilt I made for the children's librarian who did story hour for Molly. I had the kids in story hour color pictures on paper-backed fabric and put them together like this. The dotty fabric is from The Very Hungry Caterpillar line.


This one I made for the graduation of Marie, the girl who lived next door to me (before she went off to college). It's a lap quilt.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad for this opportunity to see some of your finished, previously completed projects. They are beautiful, each and every one, bright & innovative, especially the one with the children's drawings.

    I cannot imagine the pain that is a seriously injured back. Hope all goes well, one day at a time, and that you'll soon know relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better Cheryl. I am thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts! Very colorful. I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete