Saturday, June 26, 2010

Z is for Zipper

This little quilted bag is from the book Fat Quarter Fonts by Terry Atkinson. The bag is called Z is for Zipper and it was super easy. It has the letter a appliqued onto it. It's a little hard to see the letter here because my fabrics were both so busy, but I think it's cute.
The bag is lined with the letter fabric. The zipper was pretty easy to install. The only downside to it is that the seams are unfinished inside. I think if I did it again I'd do it with french seams.
The sample is from the same book as this quilt and is for the Minnesota Road Show coming up at the shop. I'm teaching it again this year!

1 comment:

  1. love it, cheryl. it is so cute i think my pie hole embroidery would be awesome as a zipper bag, but with french seams. :D
    sorry i missed you last night. :( still trying to get this freaking apartment in order. we got alot done especially today. when do you work again??

    ReplyDelete