Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dress done (except buttons)

Here's the dress from the KwikSew pattern I mentioned in a previous post. I like my fabrics way better than the ones in their photo. It's all done, except that I need to add the buttons and corresponding buttonholes. I have never done this before, so it will be an adventure. One thing I did discover is that Aurifil thread (cotton mako 50) is not really strong enough to do gathering stitches. It's great for other sewing, though. It has hardly any lint, so it's become my favorite piecing thread.

8 comments:

  1. So cute- I can't pull the picture up large enough though. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute!!!! The dress too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The photo is small because I don't want to use up too much space on Blogger. I'll put a bigger one up on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Your fabrics are much cuter! Now I HAVE TO make this for my granddaughter - she loves to twirl around in her dresses and this would make a great twirling dress! Thanks for showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popcorn without salt isn't worth the trouble to me. I thought I had an email address for you. Can't find it. Molly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete