On the auction quilt, I've been wanting to include the school logo somehow. It's where I got the colors, after all. First I tried embroidering it.
It looks cute, but not bold enough. Then Ann at the shop suggested Shiva Paintstiks. Here is my first attempt. The colors aren't quite right (the light blue is too teal, for example), so I'm glad I did a practice run.
Here is the logo in the center white block of the quilt. I'm going to use my practice block and try outlining it with embroidery to sharpen up the fuzzy edges. But I am happy with the colors.I'll post photos of the embroidered sample when it's done, but I have to let the paint cure for three days first. I really don't want it to smear!