Thursday, September 3, 2009

Roll-Up Chalkboard

We have this new chalkboard fabric at the shop. It's great! It works just like a chalkboard, but it's vinyl (I think) so it's flexible. It doesn't have give like fabric, but otherwise you can sew right through it. We also have iron-on vinyl that you can adhere to fabric to make it waterproof. In this case, it's making the fabric chalkproof so it won't get stained. I tested a pattern that we'll have available during our gift fair which is the weekend of September 19th. It has a little pocket on the side for chalk and a cloth to erase.
Eventually it will go to Molly. The good news is that I made it on her first day of school, so it will be a surprise if I give it to her during the holidays. Here's a photo of her when I dropped her off at school. It's her first day of kindergarten, though it's still at the same school (with the same teacher and classroom) that she had last year.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute little girl you have! that is a sweet pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - can I order some of that fabric online?????
    Love the first day of school picture - how cute!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the nice comments! Kris, you can order the chalkboard fabric over the phone. Just call the shop (if you follow the link you'll get to the web page with all the contact information).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cheryl! I know you're right a/b getting back in the sewing room and I am! Only I'm not sewing. I have organized all my fabric, buttons, ribbon, crochet yarn, etc. and now I have everything out of the closet on the bed and plan to go thru all that today and get it back in the closet so I can find things easier and then on to sewing and creating and blogging a/b it again! Thanks for the encouragement. I need all I can get! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one adorable picture of an adorable kindergartener!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet picture of Molly

    ReplyDelete