So, recently I finished a couple of commissions. I'll talk about one in a later post, but for now, I want to talk about the one that I really liked. It was tricky to put together sometimes, but I think it came out great. I used the Slide Show pattern from Atkinson Designs, but I replaced the large blocks and some of the small squares with photos printed on inkjet fabric. One word of warning if you ever make this pattern, though: the twin size is huge -- much bigger than a standard twin batting. That's why the borders are so small. I had to trim them down to fit the batting!
The other change is that instead of making the rest scrappy, I just used one fabric, which is a mainly purple batik. If a photo didn't crop to a square well, I used the same batik to fill in to make a square (I've heard these referred to as "coping strips").
It was a graduation gift from some parents to their daughter. I am really happy with how it came out.Next time: How NOT to make a memory quilt!